About Me

I am a life coach working with people who suffer from depression. My own personal success story about overcoming major depression has inspired me to share my story with others -- my first-hand knowledge of depression, coping strategies, management, and treatments. I believe that someone suffering from depression can benefit tremendously from self-inquiry, psychotherapy and practicing mindfulness. I have a degree from Hunter College where I majored in cultural anthropology. Thus, I have a deep respect for and awareness of each one's cultural background.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Your Higher Purpose



Excerpt from Finding Your Way in a Wild New World by Martha Beck:


"...Usually they end up describing the same ultimate purpose as Alonzo's, something like "I want to live as long as possible, provide for my family, and be comfortable.

...This is a beautiful articulation of the ultimate purpose locked into the evolutionary programming of every living creature:  algae, tapeworms, even politicians.  Countless humans have put every ounce of their puzzle-cracking skill into living long and comfortably.  As a result, today a record number of humans are living long, well-fed, comparatively luxurious lives.  Yet many of us spend our time and money taking more antidepressants to boost the effectiveness of our current antidepressants.  We have what every living being is programmed to want -- enough food and shelter to survive and reproduce -- but it doesn't fulfill all the needs of our true nature..."

No comments:

Post a Comment