About Me

I am a life coach working with people who suffer from depression. My own personal success story about overcoming major depression has inspired me to share my story with others -- my first-hand knowledge of depression, coping strategies, management, and treatments. I believe that someone suffering from depression can benefit tremendously from self-inquiry, psychotherapy and practicing mindfulness. I have a degree from Hunter College where I majored in cultural anthropology. Thus, I have a deep respect for and awareness of each one's cultural background.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Light Therapy

Whenever I feel down or depressed or stressed out or confused, I use light therapy to get me up again and right back on track.  The basic and most powerful source of light is sunshine.  So take advantage of the days when the sun is shining so brightly.  Light therapy is very powerful.  Do it for a few days, maybe three days, and just sit and enjoy the sunshine.  Know that it is working on your consciousness.  Notice how the sunlight floods the room or how it's reflected on any surface.  And feel the warmth of the sun.  If there is no sunlight, you can use a light bulb preferrably from a spotlight lamp.  Just focus on light for the next few days and bask in its warmth.  Light has been proven scientifically to have a positive effect on a person's mood.  What actually happens is that when the focus of the mind is on light, our thoughts start to shift to the positive.  Just sit quietly and meditate on the sun or any light.  Feel it's effect.  This is a great way to focus on something bright.  And when you do this, the negative thoughts weaken.  But if you do light therapy constantly, the negative thoughts eventually disappear.  And what you'll experience is peace, well being and satisfaction in whatever is in front of you.  What happened to me was... I was able to get to that place where my real self resides, and what a glorious feeling that is to experience it.  I feel authentic finally.


No comments:

Post a Comment